Coaches and Coaching Resources
- Tyler Williamson Derraugh
- Alex Moritz
- Scott Van Horne
- Pat Leech
- Bill Gendron
- Aaron Carter
- Mary Prendergast
- Tracy Leipsic
- Gabrielle Williamson Derraugh
- Cindy Klassen
Any coach affiliated with MSSA programs, camps, development sessions, promotional events, or as assigned coach to an out of province competition must have the following to be considered:
- Criminal Record Check – must be completed a minimum of every 3 years.
- Child Abuse Registry Check – must be completed a minimum of every 3 years
Respect in Sport
- This program is mandated and a requirement for all coaches to be recognized by Coaching Manitoba.
- There is no fee for this program
- Respect in Sport Program is an education program for coaches to assist them in the prevention of harassment, abuse and bullying in sport. The purpose of the program is to impact on attitudes, skills, and knowledge of the coaches that will result in a safe, sportsmanlike environment for all players, coaches, and parents. Respect in Sport Program is only offered online and is a total of 3 hours in length. The course consists of 6 modules, each 30 minutes in length. If you have completed RIS for another sport you do not have to take it again, however you will need to login and choose speed skating from the list of sports. For more information please visit the following site: http://www.sportmanitoba.ca/page.php?id=200
NCCP Course Schedule link http://www.coachingmanitoba.ca/page.php?id=102
All NCCP courses an individual has taken are tracked in an online database called The Locker. Anyone who has taken an NCCP course (in any sport) will have a profile on The Locker.